Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Shattered bowl.

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 01:15:46 +0000, Boru wrote:

To answer all, I did`nt detect any change in sound but then the music in my
workshop is quite loud. The wood I was turning was Ash. Opened up this
morning, lit the stove, fired up the coffee, looked up at the remaining two
on the shelf and thought, hump that, spent the day turning spalted beech
instead.

ok.. Just a personal thing, but I won't have music on any more and if the wife
is watching tv, I'll close the door between the shop and great room..

I used to have music in the shop until I realized that without it I could not
only hear the clicking of a crack develop, but also tell if my tool is getting
ready to sharpen.. You just intuitively hear and feel how the tool is contacting
the spinning wood..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing