Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Replace battery for Ryobi drill or buy new drill?

"Bookish" wrote in message
ups.com...
My Ryobi cordless drill-driver's nicad batteries won't hold a charge.
I see 9.6 volt replacement batteries (generic) with shipping for
around $30. For that price I can get a new Black & Decker Model #
XD1200K drill/driver or a new Sears 12.0 volt Companion Cordless
Drill / Driver. I just use it for light household projects. Would
either of these two new ones be a better choice than replacing the
Ryobi battery? Would anyone recommend a different one in this price
range? Thanks.

If you can replace the drill for the same price of a couple of new batteries
go with the new drill. You at least get a new and typically longer warranty
with a new drill.