Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Putting it in perspective, sticker shock and the cost of wood

B A R R Y wrote in
:

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 22:42:49 -0500, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Next time you think wood is expensive. go to a furniture store and
compute the cost per board foot of the finished stuff.

Have you ever wandered through any of the Stickley-Audi showrooms in
CT? G

On the other hand, there's a Pompanusic Mills sp? store in West
Hartford that defines "overpriced", making Stickley look like a
fantastic value.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

Pompanoosic Mills in Ridgewood, NJ is almost within walking distance, and
we bought a 3-seater couch and 2 single seat chairs in the Mission style,
which we love. Sometimes expensive is worth it. We might never buy
anything else from them, since Ikea is close to us too grin.

We did go look at Stickley in Manhattan, and liked some of what we saw,
but the pricing was wrong for us, and the staff were looking down their
noses at us - something I intensely dislike.

--
Best regards
Han