Harold & Susan Vordos

Default A different single-point threading question....

"John Normile" wrote in message
Many years ago, right out of school, I worked at a gage shop in
Chicago grinding threaded plug gages. I measured pitch diameter all
day using wires. We took a wire and wrapped sewing thread around one
end and secured it with duco cement. Cut off about a foot of thread.
Then tied all 3 wires together at the end of the foot long threads.

The three wires were suspended over the work from a simple stand. We
would check the gage pd using a supermicrometer. This set up made
handling the wires very convenient.

John Normile

Of all systems I've ever seen or used, this one would be very acceptable.
The thread would not influence the wires in any way, and you'd never lose
them if you dropped them. Excellent suggestion in my opinion.

Harold