Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Burning particle board

"Bob F" wrote

Not clueless. I'm a retired chemist. If wood is typically bound with
phenol resins, there is no harm in burning and combustion products are no
worse than burning pure wood. If it contains preservatives such as
arsenicals or chlorinated compounds or flame retardants of a similar
nature, it is best land filled.

OP and some respondents are not addressing issue.

I could be wrong, but the EPA seems to agree with me.
"Never burn ocean driftwood, plywood, particle board, or any wood with
glue on or in it. They all release toxic chemicals when burned."

http://www.epa.gov/woodstoves/healthier.html

Bob

Now, Bob. What does the EPA know compared to Frank?

Steve ;-)