Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vertical Instability

On Nov 9, 9:34 pm, "Scott" wrote:
I have a 2001 Mitsubishi vs-45607. The problem is the picture is dark,
squeezed top to
bottom, and it has a little vertical jitter. I've done a lot of research on
it, and what I've found is that the 9V regulator is most likely bad.
unfortunately I don't know what it looks like. I know I could replace it if
I knew what it looked like so I could get the position of the board to order
the part. Anyone have a picture of where it is on the board or what it
should look like? Or any description in general. I can send a picture if
needed. Don't fret, I got this TV for free and I am confident I can fix it
if I can
decide which part it is. I have the schematic and such for it. I was mainly
hoping someone could send
and example picture of what it looks like or give a description.Or just
confirm my opinion that i think it's a black chip with a heatsink. I do
understand the dangers of
the high voltage that lingers in the tubes. I have the board removed from
the TV. I know the difference from a resistor and a capacitor, but I'm
unsure what I'm looking for as far as the regulator. any help would be
greatly apreciated.

If you have the schematic, you should be able to trace the paths on
the circuit board to find the regulator, but I agree with the other
posters iot is much more likely to be a bad cap.