Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Glow-in-Dark?

Toller wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
When I was a kid (circa 1950) Japan made the crap like China does
today.
Our stuff was like Japan's stuff today (Ok, maybe not as reliable).
Some of Japan's turn-around is credited to American statistician Dr.
W.E.Deming who was invited there in 1951.

We give Deming a lot of credit for it; I suspect the Japanese credit
themselves.
Their Zeros were pretty good planes before Deming.

They do as well although certainly wasn't the absolutely only factor,
their consumer products weren't much until they began to pay attention
to QA/QC. If US industry had been as attentive, things undoubtedly
would have progressed far differently...