Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Buy to lets

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 18:28:01 -0000, "Clive George"
wrote:

Not crap I'm afraid. Sir Richard Doll the scientist who discovered the
link between active smoking & cancer has publicly stated that he finds the
passive smoking & cancer 'link' ridiculous.

Do you deny that there are any health problems caused by passive smoking?

There probably are.

But I've seen nothing to indicate that the risks are out of proportion
to other low grade occupational hazards such as "Baker's Itch",
"Glassblower's eye", "Fiddler's Elbow" etc.

These are all issues can and should be addressed in a simple way which
is proportionate to the hazard.

It is the confabulation of Carcinoma of the Bronchus which is
invariably fatal and caused by smoking, with minor irritation caused
by exposure to passive cigarette smoke at a tiny fraction of the dose
(and also when the smoke has cooled down).

DG