Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Split load CU

Lobster wrote:

I did a rewire recently, following the above scheme, and it was all
checked over and approved by a sparks... however he mentioned that
although he considered it barmy, he couldn't have approved it once the
forthcoming 17th edn came in to force - I think the issue would have
been over provision of the dedicated unprotected fridge/freezer socket?

Is that so? - presumably would be resolvable by hardwiring the freezer
with an FCU?

As long as it was clearly labelled that the socket was for Freezer use
only then IIUC it ought to be fine.

--
Cheers,

John.