Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony p/s noise in adjacent am rcvr

As the award-winning Bose Wave Radio provides rich, room-filling
sound anywhere... Why not just relocate it?

-- The Lady from Philadelphia

I love it!
ROTFLMAO!
Mark Z.

Thanks for your appreciation. I was, of course, poking at Bose, and to a
lesser extent, at the people I'd recently had a flap with other Bose's
marketing and advertising.

I assume you're not familiar with "The Lady from Philadelphia". This is a
reference to Lucretia Peabody Hale's "Peterkin" stories of more than a
century ago. The Peterkins were not very bright, and sometimes took their
trivial problems to the (unnamed) "Lady from Philadelphia", whom they
considered very intelligent. She invariably offered a simple solution that
anyone with the least bit of common sense should have seen for themselves.

http://books.google.com/books?id=How...mbnail#PPA7,M1

http://www.amazon.com/Peterkin-Paper.../dp/031211382X

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext02/petpa10.txt

My favorite is "The Lady Who Put Salt in Her Coffee".