Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Vertical Instability

wrote in message
oups.com...

Scott wrote:
I have a 2001 Mitsubishi vs-45607. The problem is the picture is

dark,
squeezed top to
bottom, and it has a little vertical jitter. I've done a lot of

research on
it, and what I've found is that the 9V regulator is most likely

bad.
unfortunately I don't know what it looks like. I know I could

replace it if
I knew what it looked like so I could get the position of the board

to order
the part. Anyone have a picture of where it is on the board or what

it
should look like? Or any description in general. I can send a

picture if
needed. Don't fret, I got this TV for free and I am confident I can

fix it
if I can
decide which part it is. I have the schematic and such for it. I

was mainly
hoping someone could send
and example picture of what it looks like or give a description.Or

just
confirm my opinion that i think it's a black chip with a heatsink.

I do
understand the dangers of
the high voltage that lingers in the tubes. I have the board

removed from
the TV. I know the difference from a resistor and a capacitor, but

I'm
unsure what I'm looking for as far as the regulator. any help would

be
greatly apreciated.

I bet you're wrong. While voltage regulators sometimes fail, it's not
typical. My guess would be electrolytic capacitors drying out and
causing the ESR to go up.

Ditto

Arfa