Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default Veterans Day

On Nov 9, 8:05 am, Don Foreman wrote:
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 08:53:07 -0800, Millwright Ron

wrote:
I say to all Veterans.Thank you for your service to our country
Millwright Ron

Somebody oughta set up a foundation that provides hearing aids to
vets. Just about every vet I've talked to that's over 60 has some
hearing impairment, and the VA doesn't do squat.

I have mine already, but aids are expensive and there are a lot of
guys that could use some help there.

That's a good idea. My father had hearing problems when he got older
and it was probably from sleeping on deck under the 5 inch guns while
his destroyer was softening up beach heads for the Marines in WWII.
I thank all the Veterans also. I didn't have to serve but I know full
well that was only because of all those Veterans who paid a price
living or dead for me to be able to do so.
Thanks
Karl