Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Split load CU

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article m,
ac1951 writes:
Getting differing messages on what to protect (RCD) and what not...

What's the general view ?

Lighting ... NO
Ring Mains... YES
Install a (unprotected) separate socket for Fridge Freezer Yes or No ?

Unprotected. Can also feed boiler, alarm, any life support systems (e.g.
tropical fish tank with a dedicated plug-in RCD).

Cooker Outlet ..Yes or No ?

Unprotected.

Gas Boiler ... Yes or No ?

Unprotected.

I did a rewire recently, following the above scheme, and it was all
checked over and approved by a sparks... however he mentioned that
although he considered it barmy, he couldn't have approved it once the
forthcoming 17th edn came in to force - I think the issue would have
been over provision of the dedicated unprotected fridge/freezer socket?

Is that so? - presumably would be resolvable by hardwiring the freezer
with an FCU?

David