Posted to alt.home.repair
Alphonse Q Muthafuyer Alphonse Q Muthafuyer is offline

Default I'm ****ed Off

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:15:37 -0500, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Alphonse Q Muthafuyer" wrote in message

I'll assume that the "Entertainment Industry" (EI) in the US is
primarily a money-grubbing and propaganda machine until I have
evidence to the contrary. Endless idiot garbage-hype, grossly
contrived BS, etc largely designed to foster a culture of
intellectual zombies. I still get cable but only for the infrequent
(1 in 100 ?) decent movie and certain over-hyped sports. Haven't
watched -any- "prime time" programming since Hill St Blues.

I'll agree on the so called entertainment side of TV, but there are may
intresting shows on travel, science, nature, home improvement, etc, that can
educate and broaden the horizons of the viewer.

This is true. It's not 100% Idiot-Garbage. Only about 99 44/100%.

The recent PBS series The
War was very educational.

It wasn't for me. Ken Burns has his own media agenda, and it shows.

I enjoy watching How Its Made on the Science
channel. The Planet Earth series on Discovery HD Theater was fascinating.
Some of the travel shows have been a help to preview other countries before
I went there. I have a DV-R so I watch what I want, when I want to watch
it.

Food for thought. Somebody/anybody can split hairs over the
"precise" numbers, but I grossly estimate that, when they OK'd the
demise of NTSC, there were about 300 million "old" tuners in tv's,
vcr's, etc in the US. Can you imagine why the Fedral Gummint would
render such eqpt (about 2 tuners in every US household) inoperable
for the public airwaves just to re-cycle some frequencies? Makes no
sense whatsoever without the EI's hooks in such alleged gov't. "They
are bought and paid for!".

So you buy a digital adapter.

Me? Not the issue. 100 million having to buy 200 million "cheese-boxes"?
That's the issue (that you will consistently ignore).

At some point you just have to drop the old
technology and take a step ahead. This is not much different than when you
abandoned that 300 baud modem you used to connect to the internet. Or are
you still using it?

I'm now thinking you've been bitten ...

I read every night and encourage everyone to find a good book.
The garbage on the tube/LCD/whatever will rot your sensibilities

Are you into the romance novels?

Aha. You've contracted "Troll's Disease". I'll leave you to your
own devices.

AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935