Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Question regarding buffing

A week or two ago I wrote in asking about buffing with the Beale
system. I purchased it as a Christmas gift to myself. Now I am
wondering if anyone has buffed out a bowl that has already has a
shellac finish on it? If so, did you start with the white diamond and
then on to the carnuba? Also, the instructions state just apply the
carnuba bar to the appropriate wheel for just a second. I did and was
unable to see any carnuba deposits on the wheel.
Should I try for more on the wheel?
As an aside, the first bowl I buffed out (sans anything but a Watco
finish after sanding to 400) produced a notably pleasant surface.

Thanks for assistance.