Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Burning particle board

"Chris Lewis" wrote

The more significant rationale seems to be that driftwood on ocean
beaches is laden with salt. Entirely aside from the mentioned

Snicker, ok. I'd not burn it inside but it seems strange that something
can drop in my fishtank (goldies) would harm me if burned.

I'll bet that you don't put driftwood fresh off a sal****er beach
in with the goldfish...

No, I soak it for 3-5 days in 2-3 changes of water.

Presuming by "goldie" you mean goldfish. I don't know how
tolerant of salt goldfish are. Some tropical fish aren't tolerant
of salt at all.

Godifish are very tolerant of salt water.

I'd hope you wouldn't throw it in without at least rinsing it
first. How many people rinse their firewood? ;-)

Dunno but i doubt it's a prob,em when having a clamfest on the beach.