Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Working at Wal-Mart (was: Haier freezers

"Jim Redelfs" wrote

employee discount was an added bonus. Profit sharing and company match of
stock purchases are just a couple of benefits I enjoyed while there.

When I posted a bit ago about them, I forgot one aspect until you reminded
me. They have changed.

My Mother is now 82. She got a job with them when se was 55 and they are
one of the few who will hire older people. Nor was she paid less as
'older'. The benefits were pretty decent including the stock as part of the
job which employees got at reduced prices. If i am not mistaken, she worked
there til she was 72? Health made her leave (she was down to part time in
the fabrics area by then and teaching new folks how to cover her job).

those doing the drubbing are always from the political LEFT. Ironically,

Not entirely. I wen to them automatically 7 years ago to web order stuff
when in Sasebo Japan and FPO AP address. I went to them because of my Mom's
happy experince. I was disabused FAST on their services to the military.

Wal-Mart may have its "warts" but what mega-corporation doesn't? Without
the

True, but if they serviced FPO AP customers (they say they do, but try to
enter an address with that and forign phone number) you wil find JCPenny a
far better deal. That their same shirt costs 2$ more is irrelevant when the
shipping at JCpenny isnt 'international cost' and you do not have to call a
non-tollfree number just to make an order.

Math time grin. 2$minimum LD fee, 4$ extra postal, for a 6$ shirt. Go to
JCPenny, order online, pay 6$ less to order but buy same shirt for 8$. 4$
savings on same shirt.