Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default I'm ****ed Off

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 01:35:38 -0600, wrote:

[snip]

If they want us to use a convertor, then I want ONE (whole house)
convertor that I can connect to my antenna, and wire it to the whole
house.

You can do that now, it's just limited to ONE channel. A multichannel
setup would be quite expensive, and probably not worth it.

I dont want to buy one for every tuner. I think your figures
are low on the amount of tuners per house. I have a small house, but
I have 2 tv's and 2 vcr's. That's 4 tuners alone. That does not
include the 12V portable 5" B&W tv I bought when I go camping, which
will not be convertable and will become useless entirely.
I also liked to take that tv to the barn when I need to watch a sick
animal or just want to sit outdoors on a hot summer day and watch the
tv with a cold beer. I will not be able to do any of that anymore.
This 12V portable could be run in a vehicle off the car battery, run
on 8 "D" batteries, or plugged in with the transformer. After the
change it will only work with the plug in and a convertor, which makes
it pretty useless for it's intended purpose.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy