Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Replacing a central heating clock

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:12:14 +0000, Rumble wrote:

John Rumm wrote:
Rumble wrote:

A pro would turn the fused spur off and then grumble when the RCD
tripped. He would then remove the neutral wire from the input side of
the spur and tape it up whilst he rewired the timer.

Switched FCUs will usually have double pole switches since this is what
is required for isolation.

I'm pretty sure that the switch in an FCU is for functional switching
not isolation. See chapter 537 of the regs.

I have just looked up 537 and I don't see anything about the use of a FCU
being unacceptable. The FCU has a double pole switch. In my book an
unswitched socket or switched FCU is entirely acceptable as the
maintenance (and emergency isolator) for a domestic CH system.