Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Turps/White Spirit

On 8 Nov, 23:23, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
What's the difference on a practical 'gloss painting' level between Turps
Sub & White Spirit?

White spirit evaporates, turps sub. leaves an oily residue.

Use white spirit for everything.

You can use turps sub. for most things, certainly for thinning paint.
However you can't clean things with it as well. I can't think of
anything that turps sub. will do, and that white spirit won't.

Incidentally, if you don't have one already, get yourself a
"Brushmate" (and a clip to hold it upright in the van). I've just
bought a couple more as Xmas grifts. Looks gimmicky, but it does
really work. Crown decorator centres sell them.