Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.broadband,free.uk.diy.home
Mike J Mike J is offline

Default Advice Please Re- Extension Sockets

Skipweasel wrote:

When Telewest fitted cable to this place they turned up expecting to
nail it to the skirtingboards in that obscene way they have. They looked
a bit surprised when I showed them a draw-wire leading through a conduit
to the back of the house where I wanted the terminal.
Definitely worth doing - you can't see any wires anywhere except behind
the telly.

When NTL supplied service at a relations, they just cut off all the BT
wiring (including the NTE) and connected their wires to it using the old
internal cabling.
I had to re-do it when they went back to BT/Sky as the old internal
stuff (orange/blue/brown/green untwisted) completely f***s up ADSL

Mike