Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maria Maria is offline

Default Buy to lets

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 19:50:33 +0000, Andy Hall

On 2007-11-08 18:46:38 +0000, Maria said:

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:43:15 GMT, "Mark" wrote:

Publican..?

No...my brother-in-law is just getting out...big pub on a
working-class estate. There just isn't the business anymore and the
smoking ban is the final straw for proifts.

Good. This is about the one and only case of profit for the wrong
reason. It's noticable how revolting smoking is in bars and
restaurants in the remaining countries still permitting it.

The sooner it goes altogether, the better.

Being a poster to politics groups, I've wearied of the argyument now!
My position is simply that a pub is private property and it should
have been a matter of freedom of choice for landlords whether their
pub was smoking or non-smoking.

CAMRA reckoned in 2005 that 26 pubs per month were closing, but if you
have yummy food like that on the menu, you are in a much better
position!

But would customers of said big pub know what sea bass actually is?

Nah...working-class people only catch it and flog it - I doubt they'd
recognise it on a plate.