Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] matthew.larkin@gmail.com is offline

Default Potterton Combi 100 - no mains light on

On 7 Nov, 23:31, geoff wrote:
In message . com,
writes

On 7 Nov, 21:59, geoff wrote:
In message .com,
writes

Hi

Just after our delightful evening meal, my son reported that "a bulb
must have gone in the back room, the lights won't come on", so I when
to the fuse box, re-set the tripped "fuse" and went to have a look.
No bulbs were out, but I noticed that the boiler now had no lights on
it. "That doesn't look good" I thought.....

We've got a 7 year old Potterton Combi 100.

Its just possible that the pcb has caught fire and the resulting
carbonated remains are presenting a short circuit to the mains

Combi 100s do that

Or it could be the pump

or it could be nothing to do with the boiler at all

--
geoff

Definitely the boiler. The fused switch next to it (which controls
the power supply to the boiler) is fine, as is the fuse (checked with
a multimeter). There was a faint smoky smell in there, but as next
door have a wood burning fire that's nothing new.

Magic smoke has departed from the modulation board then ...

--
geoff- Hide quoted text -

Bang to rights. Nice little burn through the top right of the main
board. Burn now present in wallet instead.

Matt