Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default I'm ****ed Off

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 23:01:53 GMT, Alphonse Q Muthafuyer
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:45:26 -0600, wrote:

I wish they would bring back vaudeville, its better than most of the
garbage they call tv and movies today. I remember when tv had humor
unlike today when we have all these "reality" shows that mostly suck.
Soap Operas that are not worth the electricity to run the tv,
Violence, more violence, and even most of the so called comedians
these days are not funny at all. The Craig Ferguson is one prime
example. After watching about 10 of his shows, I have never laughed
yet, not even one small chuckle. I stopped watching him after that.
It's no wonder we have so many problems in society. Give me the good
old days when people were free and happy, and cared more for each
other than trying to impress others with what they own.

Sorry to have to say ... I agree to most all of this.

I'll assume that the "Entertainment Industry" (EI) in the US is
primarily a money-grubbing and propaganda machine until I have
evidence to the contrary. Endless idiot garbage-hype, grossly
contrived BS, etc largely designed to foster a culture of
intellectual zombies. I still get cable but only for the infrequent
(1 in 100 ?) decent movie and certain over-hyped sports. Haven't
watched -any- "prime time" programming since Hill St Blues.

Food for thought. Somebody/anybody can split hairs over the
"precise" numbers, but I grossly estimate that, when they OK'd the
demise of NTSC, there were about 300 million "old" tuners in tv's,
vcr's, etc in the US. Can you imagine why the Fedral Gummint would
render such eqpt (about 2 tuners in every US household) inoperable
for the public airwaves just to re-cycle some frequencies? Makes no
sense whatsoever without the EI's hooks in such alleged gov't. "They
are bought and paid for!".

I have no objection to making the bleeding edge stuff available: if
folks wanna spend their money on it, that's their business. But,
trashing ~300 million tuners constitutes terminal insanity and
prima facie proof of gov't control by large moneyed interests.

I read every night and encourage everyone to find a good book.
The garbage on the tube/LCD/whatever will rot your sensibilities
Muy Pronto.

S'long,
AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935

You said it........
I completely agree.....

If they want us to use a convertor, then I want ONE (whole house)
convertor that I can connect to my antenna, and wire it to the whole
house. I dont want to buy one for every tuner. I think your figures
are low on the amount of tuners per house. I have a small house, but
I have 2 tv's and 2 vcr's. That's 4 tuners alone. That does not
include the 12V portable 5" B&W tv I bought when I go camping, which
will not be convertable and will become useless entirely.
I also liked to take that tv to the barn when I need to watch a sick
animal or just want to sit outdoors on a hot summer day and watch the
tv with a cold beer. I will not be able to do any of that anymore.
This 12V portable could be run in a vehicle off the car battery, run
on 8 "D" batteries, or plugged in with the transformer. After the
change it will only work with the plug in and a convertor, which makes
it pretty useless for it's intended purpose.