Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default I confess...I may suck a little (gloat)

On Nov 9, 12:20 am, "Frank Drackman" wrote:
"Ralph" wrote in message

Robatoy wrote:
A long time friend and loyal client gave me a nice 6/4 x7" x 72" board
of black walnut today. She would like me to make a proto-type of a
picture frame. If she likes it, she would like me to make a dozen-or-
so of them to give away as Christmas presents, and she will give me
all the black walnut I need to complete the order. As payment, I can
take what I can carry in two arm-fulls of birds-eye maple and/or black
walnut.
I have seen these boards, they are frickin' fabulous. Properly
stickered, over 10 years in a dry barn. I can pull my truck pretty
close to the piles...I won't have to carry the boards very far...I
*know* I can carry a whole sheet of Corian by myself.
I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

r---- who still manages a pretty good lift of quartz countertops at
his old age.
Whadday'all think, fellas...one load of walnut and one load of birds-
eye?

Start pumpin iron to carry as much as you can. You lucky dog!

If the wood is that nice I think I might start pumin something other than
iron.

I wonder if she'll let me stack it strategically on a set of sawhorses
first...then get under it.