Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Concentric curves.

Well, I would lay it out in AutoCAD. Which would take about 1 minute.

Now, assuming you wanted it out of solid wood, I would glue up 6 or 8
pieces with angled end cuts and splines to strengthen the joints. Then
I would lay it on the floor and attach it in place (somehow). Then I
would create a trammel out of some long 2x4's with a piece of play at
each end, one to pivit at a center point and one to mopunt the router.
Then, assuming it is 4/4 thick wood, I would cut it out in 3 ror 4
pases on each edge.

For solid wood cutouts I actually usually trammel cut a pattern in
MDF, use it to trace on the hardwood, cut it with a jig or band saw
close to the line, then use the trammel to trim cut. But this extra
step might be too expensive (in time) for this big op so I would just
do several shallow cuts as noted.

If you give more info, you can get better answers rather than
assumptions of what you might mean.

On Nov 8, 3:11 pm, Jay Pique wrote:
Say you need a curved piece of wood 6" wide with an outside radius of
23 feet and it needs to include a cord length of 13 feet. How would
you do it? (No CNC allowed.)

I've got a few ideas, but I'd like to hear what folks have to say.

JP