Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Serious Metal Content...

"Trevor Jones" wrote in message
news:0CRYi.11253$8S5.9124@edtnps82...

snip

A cargo strap, hooked over the front of the bench, and around the butt
of the stock, can make a long day of that, less painful.

To be sure, the two hooks, both hook on the bench, only the strap goes
around the butt. :-)

Hey, what a neat idea. I'll have to remember that one.

--
Ed Huntress

Stole it from a guy that was selling shooting benches with the straps
built in.

His were nicer, but the bench was a right bugger to fit in a daypack. :-)

Cheers
Trevor Jones

I'm thinking that I could use that to (finally) pattern my 12-ga. properly
with 3-1/2" magnums. Those things are brutal, and I've only made a
superficial attempt at patterning it.

--
Ed Huntress