Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Replacing Grout on bathroom walls

"jthread" wrote in message

Ya know in retrospect that probably isn't the best advice. When I worked at
Color Tile, we told customers to mix the sealer with the grout but we knew
which products the customers were buying. When I retiled my bathroom the tile
manager at HomeDepot said he does (mix the sealer in) but HD instructs them to
tell the customers to follow the products instructions only. No doubt due to
lawsuits. If you contact the grout or sealer mfg I would suspect they would
tell you the same.

OTOH: I always mix the sealer in and the results are great. But I'm a brave
soul!

What is the point of this? How does it affect the grout performance and life?
Where is it documented?

Bob