Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Zyp Zyp is offline

Default Trane Variable Speed Furnace

wrote:
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:39:33 -0600, "geothermaljones"
wrote:

Now that is something I did not know...

I do know the AC distribution can eat up 20-30%+ of it's power in
order to boost it's voltage & keep up the flow,
but I've never heard of long distance DC distribution.
Any recommendations on a good read to explain it? I'd like to see
how it's done...

geothermaljones

DC is sometimes used to transmit large amount of power long
distances.

Dave

Actually, one of the main reasons AC won out over DC was that
DC **SUCKS** when it come to distances and transmission. I highly
doubt that it's used ANYWHERE to long distance transmission.

Google Westinghouse Edison AC DC transmission distance.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/

Wasn't this covered in Electricity 101 back in, oh yea, high school days?

--
Zyp