Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes Rick Hughes is offline

Default Going on holiday

"Janice" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi I am going on a fortnight's holiday next week and my house will be
empty. Since I live in Scotland there is the likelihood of frost. I have
Johnson & Starley warm air gas heating and a Janus water heater. What
would be the best way to protect the house from frost? Leave the heating
on all the time but turn the thermostat down and leave the pilot light on
for the hot water? What do other people do?

Thanks Jan

If you would to post the address, I could arrange for an extended family of
Eastern Europeans to move in and keep it warm for you