Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Advice Please Re- Extension Sockets

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 19:28:53 UTC, Mike J wrote:

Having said that, a twisted pair cable will be better in many cases, as
a house is inherently a 'noisy' place.

Yeh but it still requires RJ11s unless one wants to wire from the back
with CAT5 and that is probably only better than standard (modern) BT
twisted pair cable cos it is thicker and hence less lossy.

I doubt it is possible to get RJ11 terminated CAT5 unless one makes it
oneself and manages to get the thicker cable into RJ11s

Standard BT twisted pair was really all I meant. Most extension leads
seem to be flat twin.

http://www.diybanter.com