Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind of key is this????

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 8, 11:09 am, GeekChick wrote:
My Mom found a key today that my Dad was hiding behind a picture. He
died many years back, so I have no idea what it goes to and I was
hoping that someone could help me. I have the picture posted at my
website:

www.geekbyphone.com/key.html

Thanks,
GeekChick

Looks like the key to a cheap metal storage box like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Metal-Cash-B... QcmdZViewItem

Maybe that's his box on ebay? ;-)

BTW the bathroom door keys that I have are more like nails with just
the end filed flat. In fact, I've made a few out of nails and a
grinder. The keyhole is round and wouldn't accept a flat key like the
one in your picture. In addition, I think your's is too short to be a
door key.

A friend of mine and his wife once bought a dresser at an antique auction,
and when they turned it flat to load it into their pickup, they heard
something rattling around inside. When they got home, they pulled out the
drawers and found a metal cash box with about $7,000.00 in it. Perhaps the
OP should start poking around the house...