Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What kind of key is this????

On Nov 8, 11:09 am, GeekChick wrote:
My Mom found a key today that my Dad was hiding behind a picture. He
died many years back, so I have no idea what it goes to and I was
hoping that someone could help me. I have the picture posted at my
website:

www.geekbyphone.com/key.html

Thanks,
GeekChick

Looks like the key to a cheap metal storage box like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Metal-Cash-B... QcmdZViewItem

Maybe that's his box on ebay? ;-)

BTW the bathroom door keys that I have are more like nails with just
the end filed flat. In fact, I've made a few out of nails and a
grinder. The keyhole is round and wouldn't accept a flat key like the
one in your picture. In addition, I think your's is too short to be a
door key.