Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Burning particle board

Bob F wrote:
"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
. ..
Richard J Kinch wrote:
SteveB writes:

What about particle board? I know it has glues in it, and think it
probably should go to the landfill, but thought I'd ask youse guys.
Exterior grade products are typically glued with phenol-formaldehyde resins,
meaning that combustion products involve some really nasty chemicals.

Probably no worse chemicals than the wood itself. I'd burn it.

Here's a guy without a clue.

Bob

Not clueless. I'm a retired chemist. If wood is typically bound with
phenol resins, there is no harm in burning and combustion products are
no worse than burning pure wood. If it contains preservatives such as
arsenicals or chlorinated compounds or flame retardants of a similar
nature, it is best land filled.

OP and some respondents are not addressing issue.

Frank