Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] waterchoices@gmail.com is offline

Default Is PEX okay for h/w-radiator heating system?

On Nov 7, 8:25 am, "BETA-32" wrote:
Can PEX piping be used for a cast iron hot water radiator heating system?

Right now, the system is a combination of original galvanized steel pipes
and more recently added copper lines. I am just wondering if when moving
the location of a couple of the radiators for a remodel job, can I use PEX
to reconnect the radiators at their new locations?

I am currently a Colorado Master Plumber and I have been a plumber for
more then 35 years.
I have installed miles of PEX pipe. Like all pipe it has a number
rating on it. It should have a
temperature rating on it. If it has a temperature above 160 then it is
OK for hot water heating.