Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default I'm ****ed Off

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:45:26 -0600, wrote:

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 22:19:02 -0500, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote in message
New technology is great for those who want it, but why cant
they leave the old stuff alone. It's history and it's well
established and is part of our culture. Cant the government just
leave us alone for once and stop screwing up our world. I'll admit
that when color tv first came out I thought it was the greatest thing,
but now it's fun to see an old B&W tv still working.

Some of us want to move ahead. Just like computers, indoor plumbing and
central heat.

I have all of the above (plus a wood furnace) !!!!!
And I was one of the first people to have a computer back when they
were all run on Dos. I like the computer but I dont need to upgrade
every year. My win98 works fine and is far less trouble than any
newer OS. Actually this computer came with Win2K installed but I
hated it so I downgraded to what I liked.

Strange, considering that I found w2k more reliable than any other
version.

When that TV came on the market, some idiot probably complained it was going
to ruin radio and progress should be stopped. Bring back vaudeville!

I wish they would bring back vaudeville, its better than most of the
garbage they call tv and movies today.

I don't watch most of the new TV shows, for that reason.

I remember when tv had humor
unlike today when we have all these "reality" shows that mostly suck.

Yes, they do.

[snip]

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com