Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] mark@localhost.com is offline

Default Foil backed plasterboard

On 8 Nov, 08:44, "Franko" wrote:
" wrote in message

ups.com... I've read many coments suggesting that you can't dot and dab with foil
backed pb. However, my plasterer is here this week and says you can
and did so while here just fine stating that the adhesive will stick
to pretty much anything.

So is this right or wrong?

I tried it once out of curiosity - I would guarantee that once the adhesive
has gone off, the only thing stopping the board falling away from the wall
would be the tape/scrim and the skirting. Drywall adhesive IS sticky but
will NOT adhere to foil backed plasterboard for any length of time once dry.
You can call British Gypsum technical helpline on 08705 456123 and the
knowlegable staff there will give you a definitive answer.
Franko.

you tried it, what happened?