Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel Cliffe Nigel Cliffe is offline

Default Advice Please Re- Extension Sockets

Ivor Jones wrote:
"kráftéé" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

Sorry to burst everybody's bubble, but my system
works perfectly well with el-cheapo plug-in filters
at the master and extension sockets. Plus the router
(which has built in VoIP and LED's that I want to be
able to see) can be where I want it.

Ivor

Pity you didn't read Nigels post. If you had you would
have already known that you wasn't going to burst
anybodies bubble...

I did read it, he said run CAT5. I don't want or need to.

In the first paragraph I gave three options for linking back to a master
socket.

In the second paragraph I wrote:
[quote]
It is worth finding out how much you loose through your house wiring on your
BB speed. Some people loose immeasurably little, others find half their
speed is lost in the poor wiring around their house.
[quote]

Evidently you think you are loosing so little that doing nothing is
sensible. Others will find a certain amount of loss, and have to decide if
its worth networking to the master socket to remove that loss. In extremes
its the difference between a stable broadband service and no connection.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/