Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Buy to lets

Anita Palley wrote:
On 8 Nov, 13:35, mogga wrote:

www.housepricecrash.co.uk

Beware! That place is a support group for the dispossessed, not a
place for rational analysis of the housing market. A considerable
number of them sold up in 2003 and have been calling a crash everyday
since. I'd put about as much credence on their opinions as I would on
Foxtons.

PWC produce monthly roundups of the whole British Economy which are
pretty comprehensive, and rather better informed. Latest one is here,
see pp.22-26 on the housing market. Their "central" prediction is slow
growth. Their worst-case (5% probability) scenario is not a disaster.
http://www.pwc.co.uk/pdf/uk_economic_download_nov07.pdf

A situation in which rents do not cover mortgage repayments and the
capital growth of the asset doesn't either is a disaster in MY books.

Remember the dotcom boom? and bust ? well then it was THE place to be.
After it was the WORST place to be. Now its not a bad place to be.

Right now the best place to be is in emerging market and commodities
funds. Averaging about 30% p.a.

Property funds - 4 of the top 5 WORST performing funds over last year
have been property based = -30%.