Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Buy to lets

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Phil Gardner
scribeth thus
I know this is a bit OT but
I am about to exchange contracts on my first buy to let property in
the next 3 weeks and im getting cold feet.

I have re-mortgaged my house to release the equity to pay for this its
something I have always wanted to do.

Due to the turmoil in the housing and finance market I am beginning to
question my judgment and timing
Is anyone on this forum in this business that could offer advice.

Look at it short term and run a mile!..

Look at it long term .. and yep, good as investment as any.

Historically a slightly worst investment than average actually.

A stock market tracker over the same period would have done better.

I reckon that the UK housing market will wobble quite a bit as its well
over priced and has been that way for a long time.

And I suppose you have done your homework about the times when you don't
have any tenants and allowed for maintenance costs etc...