Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default I'm ****ed Off

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:59:47 -0500, wrote:

Is this the console that was blonde in color. It had double doors in
the front that were bent. The speaker was downward mounted
on the bottom right. The FM dial was vertical on the left with the
record player, TV on the right.

You didn't have one of these, did you?

Nope

If you missed this link in my original post, heres a picture of one.
I like this website, it's got pics and info for almost every tv ever
made.

http://www.tvhistory.tv/1950-Zenith-G2957R.JPG

Someone suggested removing the innards and using the cabinet. I came
close to doing that once, but am glad I didn't. I want it original,
and I love old tube stuff. Thats when they really built stuff. The
main problem with that stuff are the old caps. I actually did remove
the record player years ago and put a modern record player in it, but
I kept the old one, and now it's back.

That small round picture was actually quite clear for it's age. This
was a well made set.