Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
robb robb is offline

Default troubleshooting method for micro-controller board ?

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

"robb" wrote:

no shorts on any of the power regulator chips 5v L387 or

the L298s

and still get 76 ohm continuity between 5v an 0v ref.

Ummm, what's wrong with that? I = E/R: 66mA. This
(static) current isn't blowing the fuse.

Yes.

I thought it was a SHORT ! Not 76 ohms ! Looks like there may

be hope yet.

well i tried the light bulb load ( using a 6v lantern flashlight
bulb) and using a lattern battery as power source.
i could not find anything warmed and the DMM milliAmp meter shows
~ 138 mA

i get ~438 mA when i disconnect the light bulb ???

and the 8051 IC is the only thing that is warmed but no nore than
it warmed before the 32v rail mixing with the 5v

i do not know what this means , hopefully something good
robb