Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default troubleshooting method for micro-controller board ?

Jamie wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jamie wrote

I have an idea for you.
get your self a low voltage auto tail light lamp.
use it in place of the fuse that blows. start disconnecting
things until the lamp glows dim or not at all.
this will allow you to keep the circuit on, you can then
track down some heat traces which won't be much..
actually, you'll be able to do a volt tracking using that
method..
You might have some logic issues that is causing current
to exist only when the circuit is fired up.

Good Lord. You made a suggestion that's slightly sensible !

Lightbulbs do make practical current limiters when selected appropriately.

In this case an auto 12V lightbulb will be no good however, the volts involved
won't even barely make it warm. I'd initially suggest a 1.5V or 3V type. Then it
may serve some purpose.

Graham

Jesus..
If only I could really direct that in proper context to you with out
offending some one else here.

If you really knew how to debug things (something I learned from
those that really knew what they were doing at age 13), the incandescent
lamp has always been the choice of current regulators in debugging and
in practical use of circuits.
And in his case, 3 volt lamp is to low of voltage. come on , you can
do better than that!..
You must have one that is at least rated to the voltage set you are
connecting it into.. In this case, 5 VOLTS.. and that means a common
12 is fine for current testing. 6 volt at the smallest.

Please come back later when you have something that is worth
absorbing. I may even thank you, although I doubt it.

As you pointed out indirectly or directly before, I can be just as
rood an obnoxious as you can!

YOU'RE A ****ING IDIOT.

DON'T UPSET THE OP'S ATTEMPS TO FIX HIS PROBLEM WITH YOUR USELESS SHIITY IDEAS.

Graham