Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Razor Wire

On 2007-11-08 04:36:12 +0000, John Rumm said:

Andy Hall wrote:

If you are reduced to staying in a Novotel, then that says it all.

I have fond memories of going to the computer shows at the one in
Hammersmith when I was a kid.... however even then I could not imagine
wanting to stay in one!

That particular one is spectacularly bad. I think it's probably its
position in relation to central London and also a a large conference
hotel of about 600 rooms that saves its bacon. Even so, at a best
unrestricted rate of £110, it isn't cheap either. There are much
better places for about the same.

Generically, airport hotels and those close to railway stations are
almost always bad, regardless of who they are. I've never worked out
quite why, but pretty much always eliminate them unless there's no
choice.