Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Haier freezers any good?

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:29:15 -0600, wrote:

WalMart will be the first to toss that product out of the door if it
has to handle warranty returns and refunds.

True?

Not arguing cause I have noticed my local Walmart STOP
carrying some products after time and have assumed they
have done so cause of too many failures and returns.

Store helf space is very precious. Any product that doesn't meet
sales returns goals for whatever reason (eg no demand) do not get
reorders. The remnants go to the clearance bin and the shelves are
cleared for a new product. That's mass merchandizing. That's one
reason when I see something I like I buy it first, keep the receipt
and if it turns out to be not that good an idea I return it for a
refund. Of course I keep the packaging in excellent shape and do not
abuse the privilege, like trashing the item and claim its faulty. I
don't know about bigger ticket items like appliances since everything
I have is thirty years or more and working as good as the day I bought
them. I like to do repairs myself but since I maintain them well they
rarely break down.