Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Haier freezers any good?

I don't know if they are selling like hot cakes, do you have Wal-Mart's
statistics. I do know they are made for a low price, you cannot build long
lasting quality in a real cheap product. They may be selling. Possibly
Wal-Mart doesn't handle the warranty. Maybe they will drop them if there are
problems that show up, however most retailers place that responsibility back
to the manufacturers. I don't check the dumps - do you?

Would you trust $1000.00 worth of meat to a cheap freezer, if it fails the
meat goes bad. Many people don't think of this when they buy, and just buy
on price point. Wal-Mart shoppers may not even be aware that a good freezer
will last 20 - 25 years.

Buyer beware.

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:32:19 -0500, "EXT"
wrote:

Made for the price dictated by Wal-Mart --- I doubt the quality is very
high
with reliability questionable.

A good freezer should last 20 - 25 years, this one may last as long as the
warranty.

wrote in message
. ..
Local Walmart has some small freezers made by Haier in
China.

Anyone know if they are of decent quality and
reliability?

They're selling like hot cakes. Do you see any returned for a
warranty refund, for repair/replacement or tossed into the dump?
WalMart will be the first to toss that product out of the door if it
has to handle warranty returns and refunds.