Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Unions

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 06:37:41 GMT, Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Millwright Ron" wrote in message
ups.com...

Many times the benchmark for workers for wages and benefits have been
union workers, especially the UAW. There is also what is called the
prevailing wage. Many wages in a community are based on benchmarks and
prevailing wages.

You just don't get it, do you? People with your mindset tend to be nothing
short of users of society, and very undesirable to be around. Who the
hell wants to be around anyone that feels the world owes them a living?

It also amazes me, that so many union folks I know are hunters and
otherwise gun owners, but will vote for any democrat, even a clinton,
because they're "looking out for the common man". News flash: they're
looking out for themself, and are using you to get their way, that's
all. Look what your democratic congress has accomplished (nothing).
They wanted in to end the war, is the war over?

You can put your union where the sun doesn't shine.

I learned everything I needed to know about unions years ago when I was
setting up an assembly line. I was/am salaried, and asked about how we
go about screening the applicants for the assembly jobs to make sure we
get people who can, you know, read a drawing and follow instructions.
The shocked/amused/amazed response was "You get the guys who have the
most seniority and who post for it, regardless of their current role or
talent".

I'm not sure how that benefits anyone. Certainly not a business trying
to get the best people in a position.