Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default Advice Please Re- Extension Sockets

"kráftéé" wrote in message

: : Graham J wrote:
: : : "Ivor Jones" wrote in message
: : : ...

[snip]

: : : : So what if you need the ADSL signal at a socket
: : : : other than the master..? My router/modem is in an
: : : : upstairs bedroom, it would not be practical to
: : : : locate it at the master socket.
: : :
: : : Fit a filtered faceplate at the master socket, and
: : : run cat5 cable from its RJ45 socket to another RJ45
: : : socket at a convenient location. Plug your router
: : : into the second RJ45 socket. The Cat 5 cable will
: : : ensure that the ADSL signal arrives at the second
: : : socket substantially uncontaminated.
: :
: : Or buy a SSFP with 2 sets of isc's on the back, one for
: : you extension wiring & one for your DSL signal, but you
: : would still need good quality telephone cable to get
: : the signal to where you want

Sorry to burst everybody's bubble, but my system works perfectly well with
el-cheapo plug-in filters at the master and extension sockets. Plus the
router (which has built in VoIP and LED's that I want to be able to see)
can be where I want it.

Ivor