Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Potterton Combi 100 - no mains light on

In message .com,
writes
Hi

Just after our delightful evening meal, my son reported that "a bulb
must have gone in the back room, the lights won't come on", so I when
to the fuse box, re-set the tripped "fuse" and went to have a look.
No bulbs were out, but I noticed that the boiler now had no lights on
it. "That doesn't look good" I thought.....

We've got a 7 year old Potterton Combi 100.

Its just possible that the pcb has caught fire and the resulting
carbonated remains are presenting a short circuit to the mains

Combi 100s do that

Or it could be the pump

or it could be nothing to do with the boiler at all

--
geoff