Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Is PEX okay for h/w-radiator heating system?

On Nov 7, 12:21 pm, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:25:48 -0500, "BETA-32"

wrote:
Can PEX piping be used for a cast iron hot water radiator heating system?

Right now, the system is a combination of original galvanized steel pipes
and more recently added copper lines. I am just wondering if when moving
the location of a couple of the radiators for a remodel job, can I use PEX
to reconnect the radiators at their new locations?

They have valves and elbows for adapting PEX. Check your local code.

http://www.pexsupply.com/CategoryPre...D=626&brandid=

--
Oren

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

And the site did say 140f for saftey, for a reason, plastic has
failed. 140f would not get me through a winter without being cold.
Boilers can run at 190-200f safely, aquastats go bad. Plastic pipe is
is just not safe at high temps for the long term. Also his system
pressure must be figured in.